Our busy members are always on the go.
So we understand there are times when you just can’t come in to see us. That’s why we offer easy, secure 24-hour access to your Charter Oak accounts.
And signing up for our online banking services is easy! Register today or simply stop by any branch or call our Contact Center at 860.446.8085 or 800.962.3237.
We’ve reimagined your online banking experience with a clean design and a simpler navigation flow that will help you easily accomplish your day-to-day online banking needs. Conveniently find access to key features and services so they can bank anytime, anywhere and from any device.
Our improved Online Banking features include:
- Set up alerts to let you know when important transactions post or if your balance is low.
- Check your account balances 24/7.
- Open a new savings account or certificate.
- Unlock yourself if you forgot your password.
- Turn your debit card on and off, create a travel note, request a limit change.
- Move money between your accounts at Charter Oak and other banks.
Bank online anywhere, anytime and from any device through a browser or our apps, you can check your account balances, make transfers, pay bills and even deposit checks.
- Access your online banking account via popular browsers like Chrome, Edge and Firefox. Simply visit CharterOak.org on your smartphone.
- Download our app on your touch device through Google Play or App Store today and access your accounts 24/7 wherever you are!
With Mobile Deposit, you can deposit checks wherever you are, whenever you like, in the comfort of your own home or even on the go! It’s as easy as taking a picture with your smartphone. Account must be open for a minimum of 90 days. Some restrictions apply. Must accept User Agreement prior to using.
Please note: The daily limit for our Mobile Deposit service is 10 checks or a total dollar amount of $5,000, effective March 23, 2021. The monthly limit is 20 checks or a total dollar amount of $15,000, effective March 23, 2021.
Use your digital wallet to make purchases through Android Pay™ or Apple Pay™ in stores where you see contactless terminals – just hold your phone at the kiosk! Make payments, view your transaction history and much more, all while keeping your information safe and secure! Load your Charter Oak credit and/or debit card today!
Android Pay™ Frequently Asked Questions | Terms & Conditions
Apple Pay™ Frequently Asked Questions | Terms & Conditions
This service offers an alternative to the traditional way of paying bills. You may schedule payments to be made on specific dates or on a recurring schedule. Each transaction will be clearly detailed on your monthly statement. Features:
- Make payments from multiple checking accounts including HSAs.
- Add payees.
- Pay individuals via electronic payment directly to their personal account.
- Automate recurring payments.
- View payment amounts and due dates of upcoming bills.
- View the last payments you processed and their current status in the “History” tab.
- Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposit and Bill Pay are provided with no monthly maintenance fee!
Your accounts are at your fingertips with our free Info-Phone service. Simply call from your phone to access your accounts day and night, 7 days a week. If you’re out of town, call our toll-free number.
Info-Phone gives you up to the minute account information. Easy step-by-step instructions walk you through each call.
With Info-Phone you can:
- Make account balance or history inquiries
- Transfer funds within your accounts
- Make loan payments
- Obtain loan advances
- Verify if a check has cleared
- And more
Access Info-Phone by calling: 860.445.INFO (4636) or 800.446.3228
eDocuments allows Charter Oak to deliver members’ statements via the Internet up to 10 days sooner than if the statements were mailed. With our improved Online Banking, you can view up to 24 months of statement history at any time and also access other information such as notices.
With eDocuments, you will also receive electronic tax forms and other important information from Charter Oak straight to your computer.
(Verisign Identity Protection or VIP)
Charter Oak Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the security of our Members’ finances and personal information.
Security Tokens are the highest level of two factor authentication and aim to protect Internet Banking users who regularly complete transactions of significant value. This additional layer of security will help protect you from unauthorized use of your accounts via Online Banking.
Two factor or second factor authentication is when you use two different security methods to access a secure system. For example, in Online Banking your first level of security is your username and password (something you know) and the second level of security would be a one-time access code generated by your Security Token (something you have).
You can obtain your mobile VIP Security Token by downloading the VIP Access app to your smartphone. This way your phone becomes a Security Token and you’re less likely to lose it or leave it at home. Please notify us if you have downloaded a token as we will need to enable this feature so you can activate it.
- Internet access through an ISP provider
- Microsoft Edge+
- Google Chrome+
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support
- 128 bit encryption
PLEASE NOTE: As of January 1, 2021, we no longer support Internet Explorer and legacy Microsoft Edge browsers. If you are currently using these browsers we recommend you switch to the new Microsoft Edge or another supported browser.
+ We will support the last two versions of Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Utilizing older browsers may result in disabled functionality or limited access to services. The supported browsers above are for use with the traditional online banking interface and devices (desktop/laptop), and do not apply to use with mobile devices (phones/tablets). If using a phone or tablet to access online banking outside of an app, functionality and appearance may vary from the traditional interface.