Matching Gifts Guidelines
Charter Oak Federal Credit Union is committed to giving back to charitable entities within its field of membership, as well as charities elsewhere that are meaningful to its members. The credit union will match member donations of at least $25 and up to $500.* Together we can strengthen our communities!
- Eligible organizations must be located within the United States, and recognized as tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Eligible organizations include, but are not limited to, health and human service agencies; civic, cultural, educational and health care organizations.
- The donor must be a primary member of Charter Oak Federal Credit Union.
- Business accounts do not qualify for Matching Gifts donations.
- A primary member can donate up to a total of $500 to eligible organizations between August 17, 2021 and November 24, 2021 or until our 2021 Matching Gifts funding limit is met.
Please note: The $500 can be donated to one eligible organization or divided between multiple eligible organizations. Donations beyond the $500 limit per primary member will not be matched.
- Examples of ineligible organizations include: private foundations; fraternal, political and religious groups; organizations that are not open to the general public; and individuals.
- Pooled funds from a number of individuals and payments to satisfy legal obligations will not be matched.
- Payroll deductions are not eligible and will not be matched.
- MATCHING GIFTS E-FORMS must be submitted by the eligible organizations to Charter Oak by November 24, 2021 or until our 2021 Matching Gifts funding limit is met.
Charter Oak Federal Credit Union reserves the right to deny any request, and can modify or terminate the program at any time. Submission of an application is NOT a guarantee of a match. Charter Oak Federal Credit Union is not responsible to match the donation if the charity does not properly comply with the terms mentioned above. Matching contributions that are paid by Charter Oak Federal Credit Union are exclusively owned by Charter Oak Federal Credit Union and do not qualify as a tax deduction for the participants of the program. Consult your tax advisor for the deductibility of your personal contribution for Federal and State income tax purposes. Program is only valid for Charter Oak Federal Credit Union Members.
*Donations must be made in $25 increments to be matched. For example: $25, $50, $75, and $100.
For the Member…
- Review the guidelines.
- Select a 501(c)(3) charity.
- Make a donation and complete the Matching Gifts Member Request form. Send the donation and the form to the charity.
For the 501(c)(3) Charity…
- Review the guidelines.
- Using the information from the Matching Gifts Member Request Form, complete the e-Form form. You may submit up to five requests at a time.