Please Note: Due to the Coronavirus situation, all consumer loans must be applied for online below or via calls to our Contact Center at 860.446.8085. However, closing documents must be signed online via DocuSign.
WELCOME TO OUR NEW ONLINE CONSUMER LENDING CENTER!
We’re happy you’ve chosen Charter Oak Federal Credit Union for your lending needs and we’re committed to making your member experience an easy one with our convenient online loan applications below!
We offer a variety of consumer loans to meet your needs. Apply Today!
- Auto: New or used automobiles. Our low rates and flexible terms help your money go farther.
- Visa: Our Platinum Visa Cards offer big benefits like great rate options, no annual fee, and Scorecard Rewards points.
- Personal (unsecured): We have financing available for debt consolidation, furniture, vacations and other personal purposes.
- Readi-Cash Too: This personal line of credit provides ongoing borrowing power and peace of mind, with easy access to cash any time, anywhere.
For secured Personal loans, please call our Contact Center at 860.446.8085 or 800.962.3237.
We now offer DocuSign! Sign your applications in the comfort of your own home, no need to bring the documents into a branch. It’s fast. It’s convenient. It’s another reason why Members Bank Better at Charter Oak!
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
The Charter Oak Consumer Lending portal now offers you an easy and convenient way to apply online for a loan!
You will be directed to the loan-specific application. As you begin to start your application with personal information and your valid email address, you will see a message that directs you to create a profile by choosing a password. Creating a profile allows you to track the status of an application as well as upload loan documents (also known as stipulations).
Please be sure to correctly enter your email address in the profile creation during the application process; otherwise the process may be delayed. Please note that Student Loans are not applied for via the Charter Oak Consumer Lending portal. They can be found here.
Click on your chosen loan type below to get started:
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU’VE ALREADY APPLIED FOR A LOAN, LOGIN BELOW.
Thank you for your continued trust in us! Because you have already created a profile, you can sign right in, choose the loan-specific application from the four choices on the landing page and your personal information will pre-load for you. Complete the rest of the application and you’ll be hearing from us soon!
Click below to login to check loan status, upload required documents (stipulations) or apply for a new loan:
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
After you have submitted your application:
- You will receive an email from Charter Oak confirming we have received your application.
- If there is any missing information, we will be in touch asking for it.
- If there are stipulations attached to your application, we will email you with that information and what it means.
What are stipulations/required documents?
Stipulations are requirements that must be satisfied before the loan can be issued. Examples are:
- Proof of income
- Automobile Insurance Binder
How do I submit stipulations/required documents?
- Login to user profile
- Click on Application
- Accept loan offer
- Add files (choose file(s) to upload)
Stipulations can also be faxed to 860.437.2360 ATTENTION: Consumer Loan Dept.
Approved, Denied, Counter-Offer, how will I know?
- We will send you an email with the decision on your loan request. If, at any time, you have questions or need further clarification, please contact our Consumer Lending Department at 860.446.3304 or 800.962.3237 x3304.
- If your application has been denied, you will receive an email with that decision and will be mailed a Notice of Adverse Action which will explain the reason(s) for the decision.
HOW WILL MY LOAN BE FUNDED?
If your loan has been approved and the necessary paperwork has been signed and on file, your loan will be funded depending on the type. Please see below:
Auto Loan: Your auto loan will be funded in the form of a check made payable to the dealership.
Visa: You will receive your VISA credit card in 10 business days.
Personal: Your loan will be funded as a deposit into your Charter Oak Account.
Readi-Cash Too: This particular loan will only be funded as you activate it. You may do so by phone, online, at an ATM or simply by writing a check.