ABOUT THE COMMUNITY SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM. In addition to supporting non-profit organizations that foster economic development and social well being, Charter Oak is also committed to supporting a variety of programs, events and community groups that may not fall under the 501 (c) (3) categories.
We look forward to partnering with the community not only to improve the quality of life for its residents, but to also provide Charter Oak with the opportunity to meet potential members throughout New London and Windham counties. Therefore, requests for Sponsorship funding should not only benefit your cause, but also provide visibility to our credit union. Examples of our Community Sponsorship include but are not limited to, supporting local baseball teams, purchasing ads in various print publications, joining Chambers of Commerce, or sponsoring community events. Generally, Community Sponsorship awards are less than $2,500.
Submissions to the Community Sponsorship Program should include at least one of the following elements:
- Name recognition program through the naming of the event or a particular aspect of the event
- Logo or name inclusion on event/program materials
- Invitation to presentation program such as ribbon cutting, groundbreaking, official opening, etc.
- Opportunity to place signage at events, if applicable
- Media release to promote community awareness of Charter Oak’s contribution
- Donor recognition in organization newsletter and on website
- Recognition in program/event advertising and/or promotions
Submitting Requests for Sponsorship Funds
Requests for funding may be submitted at any time throughout the calendar year. All requests must be accompanied by a completed Community Sponsorship Request Form. Sponsorship brochures detailing information requested in the Request Form could also be accepted.
All requests must be submitted to:
Charter Oak Federal Credit Union
Community Giving Program
1055 Hartford Turnpike
Waterford, CT 06385
Applicants may request information about the program or how to apply for funding by calling 860.446.3238 to discuss their project prior to submitting an application.
Sponsorship requests are reviewed on a monthly basis. Funding recipients may be required to open a Basic Checking Account with Charter Oak Federal Credit Union in order to receive funds. Once an account is opened at one of our branches, Sponsorship funds will be deposited into that account and made available for withdrawal. However, exceptions may be made for some entities such as baseball teams or very small organizations that would not be able to open an account. In these cases, checks will be sent in lieu of a deposit into an account.
All requests for funding over $2,500 will be reviewed by the Community Giving Committee on the same quarterly schedule as the Community Giving Grants Program, which is outlined below:
- Recipients for funding requests received by January 1st will be announced in March.
- Recipients for funding requests received by April 1st will be announced in June.
- Recipients for funding requests received by July 1st will be announced in September.
- Recipients for funding requests received by October 1st will be announced in December.